|Today’s ZOT gets you 3 months of Javabean Web Hosting’s Half-Caf Plan.
Javabean Hosting is the fastest, easiest and friendliest RapidWeaver hosting provider. No other hosting provider knows or is as committed to RapidWeaver as we are. Javabean Hosting also includes these bonuses for absolutely free:
- A dedicated RapidWeaver plugin
- A MySQL stack to make backing up MySQL databases a cinch.
- We know the ins and out of RapidWeaver including what publishing settings you need.
The Half-Caf plan is perfect for start-up websites and blogs that require some space to grow. Half-Caf is also our most popular and features 1GB of disk space and 10GB of Bandwidth. Of course, you can upgrade or downgrade at any time. All of our plans include great support, blazing fast hardware and software, and servers that are never oversold.
Free migration assistance
We don’t come up with excuses on moving day. We will grab a cup of coffee and help you pack, lift, and move those virtual boxes. We’re cool like that. Please contact us when you’re ready and we’ll answer your questions and work with you on getting everything set up.
Unlike other oversold shared hosts, we use first class dedicated hardware and software. As a result, your site runs faster, your users are happier, and search engines rate you higher. - source.
- NO Contracts Yes, you read that right. We don’t lock you in or hold your site hostage. We believe you’ll love us and want to stay.
- Premium support How can we help you? Skype? Email? Other? Let us know! You already know us and our work. Rest assured that you’re getting great support to help answer your hosting questions.
- Daily backups We make daily offset backups to keep your data safe. More details here.
- Unlimited domains Have as many sites as you’d like.
- RapidWeaver friendly We have the tools that you need to run your RapidWeaver site.
- RapidWeaver plugin We show true commitment to the RapidWeaver community with our own plugin
- Green We’re truly committed to being Green with real promises and real action.
We’re nothing without our great customers. Here’s what a few of them have to say here.
Hello, my name is Greg. I am the Barista behind Javabean Hosting. I’d like to take a few minutes to tell you…
- What’s the most unique feature of Javabean Hosting? We are the only host with a dedicated RapidWeaver plugin. How cool is that?
- Why did you start Javabean Hosting? I started Javabean Hosting because I became tired of the standard hosting model. Hosting companies lock you in with contracts and lock down their services. This makes it hard for users to build truly great websites. In addition to policies and technical limitations, I wanted a service that I knew was fast. I am obsessed with speed and like I can add hosting features that really matter (like GZip compression and extra fast disks). Sites (and their owners) deserve the best.
- What part of hosting is most interesting to you? Speed & optimization. I enjoy squeezing the most out of everything and routinely tuning the hardware and software so my users are experiencing the fastest speeds possible.
- What features should a prospective buyer look into during a trial of your product? First and foremost, service. I’ll earn your trust and guide you on the right track. Second, speed. You should start to feel a noticeable speed increase to your site once you’ve switched over. Interested in a less subjective approach, try YSlow. We can help you make sense of YSlow if you’d like and filter out what is important and what isn’t when it comes to speeding up your site.
- What are some interesting experiences you’ve had with web hosting? Probably the most “interesting” experience I’ve had is the migration of my server from 1 provider to another upstream provider. About 3 months ago I had to make a switch due to a failure in the provider to deliver for me (and thus, my clients) on services that I expected. I was up until 5am that morning migrating everyone’s account. The bottom line is that I care about my users and what happened was unacceptable. Details of this migration can be found on my blog.
- What’s your favorite Mac app out there from another developer? Why? I use so many Indie apps (one of my favorite things about the Mac is the number of Indie developers!) but my favorites have to be Fantasical and Sparrow. I use these apps regularly and they make working with Email and Calendar painless.
- What features would you like to add to your product? I have a few future plans for the Javabean plugin. For instance, I’d like to include more stats, controls and documentation. Yes, I know that is vague, but it is only because the cool stuff is worth the wait ;)
- What would you like a user to ask you? “How much space do you recommend for my site?” (Typically, It depends on the size of your RapidWeaver project). Or on a personal note – “How do you drink your coffee?” (Hint: black. I enjoy tasting the various coffee flavors without altering the flavor with cream or sugar.)
- What should I ask that I’m forgetting? What does a user need to do to get started? The process is fairly simple although can sound overwhelming. It can be summarized in 3 steps:
- Sign up. Don’t worry if it isn’t the ‘right plan’. You can upgrade or downgrade at any time.
- Publish and test your site to your new host, migrate any databases, and email accounts.
- Switch your domain from pointing at your current host to your new home at Javabean Hosting.
- What are the answers to some common questions people have about your app before they buy? Please check out the FAQ below
We take backups very seriously. There are a few methods that we employ to make sure we’re able to help you in a time of need.
- Offsite backups via Amazon S3. Every night, we archive your entire site (including databases and email) to Amazon S3. Amazon S3 is globally recognized as the leading provider of storage in the cloud. We hold 30 days worth of backups.
- Rsync backups. Unix nerds will appreciate Rsync backups. These are taken daily of all your files. Any time a file is changed, the file is backed up to another server. This allows us to restore a single file.
- Server snapshots. We take entire server snapshots every night. We keep these backups so we can restore the entire server in case of extreme emergencies.
- Is this for new or existing customers? This is for new customers only.
- But Host XYZ offers unlimited bandwidth and disk space! Yes, this is true, other ‘big box’ hosting companies promise you the world. In reality, they are overselling their servers and stuffing as many users on the same machine as possible. This slows down your site and exposes you to higher potential of security flaws. We care about you and your site more than that!
- Do I need to transfer my domain? Not at all! You are free to use your current domain registrar. Of course, if you’d like you can transfer or register a domain with us at any time.
- How many domains can I have? As many as you’d like! Everyone has more than one website nowadays (including us).
- How many sub-domains can I have? Of course, as many as you’d like!
- How many email accounts can I have? There is a … nah, just kidding. There is no limit to the number of email accounts you can have. Almost fooled you, didn’t I?
- Do you support plugin XYZ or Stack ABC? If you find something that is made for RapidWeaver and doesn’t work, let us know and we’ll work on making sure we have the necessary software installed.
- I’ve purchased the Zot, what do I do now? Great! Please remember, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask! We’re very happy to answer them. Let’s get started!
- Find coupon code. You can retrieve you coupon code via email or by logging into your Zot account.
- Order your new service. Once you’ve obtained your coupon code proceed to order the Half-Caf plan. You can choose 1 of 3 options while signing up. You may:
- Register a new domain. Have a cool new domain you’d ilke to register? Great! You can do so now. All domain registrations include free WHOIS and DNS management.
- Transfer a domain. This option is if you’d like to move your domain from your current registrar (the company you originally bought your domain from) to Javabean. All transfers include 1yr extension for the expiration of your domain and free private WHOIS protection and DNS management.
- I will update my name servers. This is for users who’d like to keep their domain at their current company. All that is required is that you update the domain to point to Javabean Hosting. You can transfer it later if you’d like. If you’re unsure of which option to choose, please use this one. We can help you with the process and explain everything!
- Publish your site! You will receive a ‘New Account Info’ email shortly after signing up. This email contains your FTP/CPanel login and password. This is the login and password that you will use in RapidWeaver for publishing. Please keep it safe. For security, it is different from your billing login and password.
- Why are there so many options when signing up? Choice. We believe you should have choice in how your site is set up. We don’t hold your site hostage and require you to register or transfer your domain to us. We will happily register or transfer your domain, the choices are yours.
Do you love reading a good tech specification? We only use first class hardware and software. Check this out:
- PHP v5.3
- MySQL 5
- Raid-10 SAN (storage area network) for blazing fast hard drive access
- Burstable 1Gbps network
- Globally distributed DNS servers (13 in total) mean that DNS lookups are always fast no matter where your visitors are!
- Auto-scaling architecture. We’re always ready for your site to hit the big time!
We’ve been on the RapidWeaver scene since 2008 and love building new products for RapidWeaver users. Some of these products you may have heard of or already use. Our products include our professional slideshow software WeaverPix, our file manager and collaboration tool WeaverFM, and our drop box utility WeaverBox. In 2012 and beyond, we look forward to continuing this trend and delivering high class products and services to the RapidWeaver community.